Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Rock Band

UPDATE: MARCH 23, 2010 - The link for Let the Kingdom Come (White Heart) and Clean (Petra) is good.
I am sure that you have probably heard of the video game Rock Band....As I was thinking about what songs to share with you this week, every song that came to mind was from a band...so I figured why not borrow the title of the video game to use in my title for this post and play list.  I will keep my comments short on this post so that you can get to the music that much faster, don't want you losing interest.

 The first song comes from a really amazing Christian Rock Band, and even though I will use that word amazing to describe a few other bands, trust me when I say that there has been a few that are not so great.    But anyway, back to this particular band, White Heart is a band that is on my Top 5 list for Christian Rock bands, this particular album (Freedom) from where this song appeared was released in 1989, a solid Album, all of the songs on this album are amazing, musically and lyrically.  There are some really rockin' songs, some nice soft ballads and some nice pop rock in it.  I could probably go on talking about this album, but as I stated earlier I will keep my comments short.  This song I am sharing with you is titled Let The Kingdom Come.  This song starts out with a really catchy bass melody, it starts off slow and then out of now where it explodes!!! As you are listening to the music and its progression, pay close attention to the lyrics, it feels like the lyrics just get even stronger and more meaningful as the tempo gets faster.  If you have let God come into your heart, then I have no doubt that you will find yourself chanting along with White Heart, "Lord, Let Your Kingdom Come"!!!!  Let the Kingdom Come


The next song comes from a group called DeGarmo & Key the name comes from the bands frontmen, Eddie DeGarmo and Dana Key.  The album The Pledge came out in 1989, and even though I wouldn't place them on my list of the top 5 Christian Rock Band they still had good songs and good albums.  Their sound varies from 70's rock to 80's Pop.  This song titled If God Is For Us (Who Can Be Against Us) is not a very fast paced song, and its not a ballad either, its more of a pop song and it did get a lot of play on Christian Radio stations of the time.  I like this song because of the lyrics, we all have times where we may feel like hanging up our gloves, quitting the race, but we should never forget that He who created Heaven & Earth and all that is in it renews our strength so we can go on.  To quote from the song, "If God is for us who can be against us we can live in victory today"!!

To end this post and music play list I will leave you with a song from the group Petra, if you have been a Christian for a while then I am sure you have heard of the band.  Petra was formed in 1972 and they made great music until their retirement in 2006.  They always lived up to the meaning of their name (Rock), I had a chance to see this band perform in concert in Puerto Rico, and I was blown away by the power of their music and ministry.  There are so many songs that I could and probably will share with you from this band.  This particular song Clean comes from the album Beat the System released in 1984.  This was the first album keyboardist John Lawry did with the band and the last album that Greg X. Volz (Lead Vocals) recorded with them.  Ok, ok I can hear you out there reminding me to keep it short so I will.  Clean is my sister's favorite Petra song, and I can understand why, it is a very catchy song with great lyrics.  We have been washed with the Redeeming Blood of Christ, remember you are Clean.  We are not perfect and we will stumble, but as the lyrics on this song say: "I've done nothing that His blood can't wash away, when I take it to the Cross and start to pray".  God Bless and enjoy the song by clicking on the link: Clean

1 comments:

Garcia said...

You should keep up with your blog! :)