Monday, March 22, 2010

Always Sunday

It has been quite a few months since my last posting.  Between the website Imeem taking away the ease of posting music on here and dealing with me feeling sorry for myself because I was not getting any feedback from anyone beside my wife (Thank You Love for doing that!) I made the decision to stop posting.  You know a Godly wife is such a big blessing in a man's life, and I have to thank her for helping me get back on here.  So, if it is just me posting on this blog so that my wife can learn and hear of new music then that is ok with me. 


I started this Blog to share Christian Music from the era of when I became a Christian, music that really helped me grow and music that I could identify with.  There was a point of my life where I took a big and long detour from the road God had set for me, but I am so grateful for His Love and Mercy and for not ever giving up on me.  I am back on track and the music from that era has helped me stay on the straight and narrow.  

 So, that brings me to the song for this posting...."Sunday's on the Way" from Carman's 1983 album with the same title.  If you know of Carman you know that most of his songs have this theatrical feeling to them, like you can see these songs come alive as he is singing them.  I love this particular song because of how he uses our Lord's resurrection to paint a picture we can easily see in our mind's eye.  I am sure that in your walk with the Lord, there are some days when you feel like giving up, or maybe even taking a detour.  God never promised us an easy road.  We all have moment of low tides, but as Christians we can never forget that we have victory assured.  Sunday is on the way...as yo may be aware our Lord and Savior was crucified on a Friday, and to some it may have seemed like it was all over.....but the story did not end there...when Sunday came around victory over death belonged to our Lord!  Victory over your "Friday" is assured..Your Sunday is today, tomorrow and for as long as you want to claim it!  Enjoy this song! Click on the link to hear the song.  Sunday's On the Way

1 comments:

Queen Gwennie said...

Hey big guy! I understand when you get discouraged about blogging cause no one seems interested or interactive. The whole fun of it wanes. I was surprised to log on and find I had 6 followers now -up from the consistent three for 13 months straight!I am looking forward to checking out your playlist of ancient -I mean classic Christian music from the 80's. I must admit, I love Carmen's theatrical sounds. Keep it up and I will join your wife in becoming your blogging buddy! GOD Bless!!